|Treasure Room, Bomb Bum|
Sponge Bombs is a passive collectible added in Revelations Chapter One.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- +5 Bombs.
- Changes the player's bombs into tiered bombs which can be increased in size and damage the more the tears they absorb.
- Sponge Bombs leave creep on the ground each time they absorb a tear.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The bomb's damage output and radius can be increased infinitely, but the fuse timer of the bomb makes it hard to increase it extremely high.
- Sponge Bombs can absorb both player and enemy tears.
- Sponge Bombs output a variety of effects upon explosion determined by the tear effects they absorb.
- The bombs output the amount of damage it absorbs. It starts with a base damage of 600, and it will absorb the damage that is put into it and will do that amount upon explosion.
- Since 3.50 damage counts as 35 damage, the third numeral always rounds up when being absorbed into Sponge Bombs. For instance, if the player has 3.51 damage, the bomb will absorb 36 damage, as the third numeral rounds up to the next one, making the five a six.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Burning Bush: Leaves a stationary flame where the bomb explodes
- Fecal Freak: Gives the bomb a Butt Bomb effect upon exploding.
- Friendly Fire: Shots from fires can increase sponge bombs.
- Ipecac: Gives the sponge bomb a ton of damage, and makes it enormous.
- Mint Gum: The explosion counts as 2 hits required to freeze enemies. It persists like this for all tiers of Sponge Bombs.
- Sad Bombs: The tears that are produced from the explosion can be absorbed by other Sponge Bombs.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Brimstone: Is not absorbed by Sponge Bombs.
- Dr. Fetus: The Sponge Bombs cannot absorb into each other, making enemy tears the only thing that can increase them.
- Epic Fetus: Epic Fetus shots do not absorb into sponge bombs.
- Mom's Knife: Is not absorbed by Sponge Bombs.
- Scatter Bombs: The scattered bombs are regular bombs that cannot absorb tears.
- Technology (all types): Sponge Bombs do not absorb any time of technology laser. This includes:Technology 2, Technology Zero, Tech.5, and Tech X.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the similarities, the name is not a reference to Spongebob Squarepants.
Gallery[edit | edit source]