|"Fortune sides with him who dares"|
Virgil is a passive collectible added in Revelations Chapter 2.
- On the field:
- Virgil guides the player through the floor, pointing to doors that lead to Treasure Rooms, Shops, and Boss Rooms.
- Virgil points out tinted rocks by throwing rocks at them. Virgil can do this three times per floor.
- If the player has no bombs, Virgil will instead throw a bomb at the tinted rock. Virgil can do this three times per floor.
- Virgil smacks nearby Troll Bombs away from the player.
- If the player dies, Virgil revives the player in the previous room with full health. Virgil can only do this once.
- In fights:
- Virgil can throw a rock at enemies, which taunts them into chasing him.
- If the player takes collision damage, Virgil will angrily scold the enemy with a firm point, confusing the enemy for a short amount of time.
- Virgil has a 1/25 chance to spawn in the beginning of Revelation's floors. By walking over Virgil, the player recruits him for the floor.
- In Divine Comedy, Virgil is a character who guides Dante through Hell and Purgatory.
- In the work, the character Virgil is based on Roman poet Publius Vergilius Maro.